Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ZR2/Bison fender flare availability

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New ZR2/Bison fender flare availability

    When will the new ZR2/Bison fender flares, as seen at SEMA, be available?

  • #2
    Probably near the end of the year.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great!..Thanks!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by swake View Post
        Great!..Thanks!
        You're welcome.

        Comment


        • #5
          aevRJ can you remind me on the flares if this allows for 33" or 35" tires?

          I'm wondering how the larger tires effect performance with the gas V6? My wife has a 2019 ZR2 and it's a great truck, but I wonder how bigger tires will effect the truck?
          2012 Ram Power Wagon
          Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

          Comment


          • #6
            Going to take a wild stab in the dark here. On the SEMA build there were AEV splash guards, will those be coming in the fender kit as well? Since they appeared to be made specifically for the 35'' fender kit.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
              aevRJ can you remind me on the flares if this allows for 33" or 35" tires?

              I'm wondering how the larger tires effect performance with the gas V6? My wife has a 2019 ZR2 and it's a great truck, but I wonder how bigger tires will effect the truck?
              Yes to the 35's.

              Better ground clearance is the main advantage. We've always had good results using a minimal lift with a bigger tire (Prospector XL is a good example).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dsmithers View Post
                Going to take a wild stab in the dark here. On the SEMA build there were AEV splash guards, will those be coming in the fender kit as well? Since they appeared to be made specifically for the 35'' fender kit.
                At this time: it's looking like they'll be sold separately.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by aevRJ View Post

                  Yes to the 35's.

                  Better ground clearance is the main advantage. We've always had good results using a minimal lift with a bigger tire (Prospector XL is a good example).
                  35" tires- thank you RJ.

                  My concern regarding performance was how would the V6 handle the larger tires? With 308 HP and 275 lb-ft of torque I just wonder if 35's are more than the engine wants to handle? My brother has a Z71 with the same motor, and it's definitely a little more zippy than my wife's ZR2.
                  2012 Ram Power Wagon
                  Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post

                    35" tires- thank you RJ.

                    My concern regarding performance was how would the V6 handle the larger tires? With 308 HP and 275 lb-ft of torque I just wonder if 35's are more than the engine wants to handle? My brother has a Z71 with the same motor, and it's definitely a little more zippy than my wife's ZR2.
                    You're welcome.

                    For our internal builds, we've been re-gearing the vehicle (4.10) and it has been performing well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by aevRJ View Post

                      You're welcome.

                      For our internal builds, we've been re-gearing the vehicle (4.10) and it has been performing well.
                      aevRJ does that include trucks that are sitting on dealership lots right now? Our local dealership has 3-4 Bison's on the lot. When I go to the AEV Website and look at the Bison ( https://www.aev-conversions.com/zr2-bison/ ) I don't see anything about 4.10 gears.
                      2012 Ram Power Wagon
                      Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So living in Missoula means I have a local AEV shop to visit and be tortured by, so I stopped in yesterday. One of the gentlemen there owns a Bison with the Hi Mark Flares and 35” tires and gave me a little tour of the truck. If memory serves me correctly, 4.10’s are done at the AEV shop with 35” tires (if you stick to the 31” you probably don’t need the upgrade). The Bison on 35” tires looks awesome, like it came from the factory that way. As usual, AEV’s fit and finish was flawless, and the little truck was damn impressive.

                        The big big question will be cost, and if that cost is worth it to the individual to upgrade from a ZR2 to a Bison, or even a Bison rolling 35” tires? I’ll leave that up to the customer, but the truck I saw yesterday was pretty damn sweet!
                        2012 Ram Power Wagon
                        Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Interesting, I have yet to see a Bison on the lot. I am sure AEV has taken this into consideration but I wonder how well the CVs will handle 35s.
                          "Don't wish for it,work for it."
                          2014 Ram Power Wagon

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post

                            aevRJ does that include trucks that are sitting on dealership lots right now? Our local dealership has 3-4 Bison's on the lot. When I go to the AEV Website and look at the Bison ( https://www.aev-conversions.com/zr2-bison/ ) I don't see anything about 4.10 gears.
                            The current page for the Bison is just about our partnership with GM, it doesn't mention the 35's because that's not an offering through them.

                            We've developed a few vehicles for internal testing as well as show vehicles (like our recent SEMA offerings). if you saw a Bison on 35's in Missoula it sounds like you were at our original location. Those vehicles are running a nitro gear 4.10.

                            I don't have pricing yet for our Colorado/Bison packages, but the vehicles getting 35's will have upgraded gears.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It is my understanding that the Colorados running your flare package and 35s are also running the GM performance leveling kit. Does the truck need to be leveled to fit the 35s? Or will stock ZR2 suspension and your flares be enough to clear 35s?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X