Bison front bumper shackle points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison front bumper shackle points

Is there any way to mount front shackle loops to the AEV bison front bumper that looks similar to the rear shackle recovery points? I would like to have the option to put recovery points on the front for more advanced winching techniques. The Ram HD bumper has what I'm talking about. I'm wondering if it would be at all possible.

The AEV front bumper is a highly-engineered and tested product, with winching loads and crash safety having been carefully considered. For this reason, AEV does not recommend installing supplemental recovery points anywhere else on the front bumper. To do so could be unsafe on a number of levels. However, the existing chassis-mounted recovery points on the AEV bumper are designed to handle just about any recovery scenario, including acutely-angled, single and double-line pulls.

Here's a picture where you can better see the recovery points on the front of the vehicle:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0820-1.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	261436

Comment

Thanks for the image! any idea on the load-bearing of the stock recovery points?

Comment

I don't have an exact number, but it's going to be at least 20,000 lbs.

Comment

Working...
        X