Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for guys with a V6 Bison running a winch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for guys with a V6 Bison running a winch?

Quick question gents. For those that are running a winch on your V6 I have read where some guys are running the diesel springs on the V6 to compensate for the additional weight up front with the winch. I believe the V6 springs are 585# and the diesel springs are #675. It seems like that jump would make the ride pretty dam stiff even with the winch up front and effect articulation somewhat in the rocks. I am just running a leveling kit up front but was just curious what the rest of you guys were doing if anything to compensate for the extra weight up front. Also with the winch addition is that effecting the DSSV's and their position sensitive dampeners or am I overthinking all of this? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Following.

I have not yet installed my winch, waiting for warmer weather. I have the ComeUp with the AEV fair lead kit. The whole business is 95ish pounds total still in the boxes if that is any help.
    2020 V6 Bison CC Satin Steel Metallic

Comment

I installed a Smittybilt X20 winch using the AEV fairlead kit. I was also wondering about the additonal weight affecting the ride height. I measured from the ground through the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare before and after. I don't recall the exact measurements, but the after was approximately 1/8" lower. For me that wasn't enough difference to change any of the springs around. The only difference I notice driving is the extra weight of the winch being so far in front of the front axle.

Comment

I added this to the fender flare thread but i'll put this here for those searching it out and stumbling upon this one.

I have the v6, aluminum cbi bumper (about 30lb over stock), smittybilt xrc gen 3 with the steel cable (82.8lb), diesel springs, and 35s. The diesel springs have been great. I haven't noticed a significant change in ride quality. And i get every inch, and maybe a little more, out of my GM Performance Parts leveling kit.

Comment

I installed the ComeUp that you can get thru GM on my V6 and haven't noticed any ride difference. Near the same time I installed an ARE cap too so maybe that balanced it out.
          2020 V6 Bison CC Satin Steel Metallic

Comment

I just installed the Smittybilt X20 with Synthetic rope and didn't see an real difference in handling or front end drop.

Comment

Working...
            X