Spare tire swing out mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tire swing out mount?

Does anyone know of a Bison rear bumper compatible spare tire swing out? I have seen rear bumper replacements that have swingouts but like most, I bought the bison for it's bumpers and will not budge on swapping out the rear bumper. Thanks!

It's a shame AEV seem stuck on bed mounted spares for trucks.

"Don't wish for it,work for it."
    2014 Ram Power Wagon

Comment

Hi, I tried to have a 4x4 shop give me an estimate on fabricating something up to the original bumper but they were too dead set on building their own, stating this bumper was too week for a swing out. I went ahead and bought the Westcott Designs dual swing out that uses the hitch. I was very skeptical concerning the ground clearance and also the clearance between the recovery points and the rack itself but decided to get it anyway. I must say it fits perfectly and I can't be any happier. The only drawback is the back up camera is partially blocked, but that's not an issue for me. Check it out!

westcottdesigns.net

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201003_100307.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	264153 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201003_100407.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	264154 Just FYI GreatWhiteBison the Rigd Ultraswing is compatible with out Bison's but you will have to remove the rear passenger side recovery point. I received mine about three weeks ago and it is solid. Zero movement with the tire or swingout. You also have the ability to use a bike rack with the optional WobNot hitch extension with the rear tire swingout. I also bought a cooktop table and slide out all weather cutting board that is optional and attaches to the inside of the carrier. Made in the USA and I cannot say enough good things about the build quality. Can handle up to a 35" tire and can swing all the way out to 180 degrees. You will have to relocate the rear tailgate camera. Easy job to do though. The Ultraswing will run you $1200 but you will not find a better one out there on the market! Also has a bracket for your to attach your rear license plate where it is observable. Only thing you would have to do is wire a light to illuminate it if that is something you would be concerned about. I know state laws require the rear license plate to be illuminated at night but Im really not that concerned about it at this point. Hope this helps.

Comment

Here are some additional photos they may help out. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201030_111213.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	264161 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201030_111229.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	264162

Comment

whens this going to be back in stock?

Comment

Working...