Colorado 33″ tire clearance kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado 33″ tire clearance kit

Hey there, Anyone from AEV able to chime in on a question.

1) Will a 33 inch spare still fit under the bed?
    Last edited by dpsmedic; 11-10-2020, 03:23 PM.
    2013 AEV JK350 4dr

Afternoon All:

Disregard, found a pretty in-depth discussion on another forum,
    2013 AEV JK350 4dr

Comment

I had exactly the same question as I'm thinking of replacing the stock Bison spare with the Crestone wheel on BFG 285s. Would you be able to point me in the direction of that forum, or give me the short version here?

Thank you,

Michael

Comment

This question is to AEV:

Would you consider manufacturing a fender that looks exactly like the original ZR2’s that comes along with this kit?

This kit leaves the truck looking botched which isn’t what I expected :-(. The idea was great, the execution on the other hand could be improved. Being able to snap a properly fitting flare in place over the bracket will leave a much cleaner, factory look versus cutting up the existing flare & slapping it back on. I look to AEV because you’re known for bringing that factory/clean/professional aesthetic that stands out versus the chopped up weekend wheeler look. That’s especially important when I’m modifying a brand new $44,000 truck that doubles as a daily driver and over landing vehicle .

Also, the sleek, well put together look of the Colorado ZR2 is part of the reason people such as myself buy the truck in the first place.

Being able to snap a new fender in place (an OEM looking fender with no bolt holes & that looks exactly like the regular ZR2 fender flare) would really complete this kit. I would buy it without hesitation.

I’m wondering if this would be something you would find profitable to manufacture because the demand is there.

I’ve heard many people saying the same which is what motivated me to make this account - just to put this out there. I have not bought this myself because I’ve been waiting to see what it looks like on the other trucks first. So far I’ve seen it installed on both regular ZR2’s and ZR2 Bison’s.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Winetruck View Post
          I had exactly the same question as I'm thinking of replacing the stock Bison spare with the Crestone wheel on BFG 285s. Would you be able to point me in the direction of that forum, or give me the short version here?

Thank you,

Michael
          PM sent.
          2013 AEV JK350 4dr

Comment

Please see the comments to this video as well. The video itself provides helpful feedback on this kit too.

Again, just providing feedback to help you guys improve products and help all of us out here receive the best from you guys. I know you’re working hard to bring the highest quality aftermarket products and really appreciate all that you’re doing!

Comment

Working...
            X