Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

33" tire on stock bison rims with 33" tire clearance kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tspartan
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210420_102138.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	265602
    Originally posted by ovrlnd.zr2 View Post
    did you ever get an answer?
    I ended up buying some KMC rims with a look I like better than the AEV Crestone and I got them on sale so saved quite a bit of money. They weigh less and have a higher weight rating as well. +18 offset and I have zero rubbing at full articulation with the AEV 33" trim kit and the GMPP level kit installed.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NoImpactNoIdea
    replied
    This guy did it on stock rims w/285/70R17.
    https://youtu.be/cOt4mj5_bdU

Leave a comment:

• Bow_Tied
    replied
    I have not done it but there are 2 or 3 YT vids out now on this. Supposedly you don't need a level but it is recommended. I don't know what that really means, either it works without a level or doesnt.

Leave a comment:

• ovrlnd.zr2
    replied
    did you ever get an answer?

Leave a comment:

• 33" tire on stock bison rims with 33" tire clearance kit?

Just wanted to reach out and see if anybody else had already installed the 33" tire clearance kit on their bison and installed 33" tires on STOCK bison rims with no issues especially at full articulation. I believe the offset for the stock is +33. Would just like to know if it'll work.

I have installed the 33" clearance kit and I am wanting to place Yokohama Geolander G003's on the stock rims. If I don't have to spend another $1k+ on rims I would rather not. If you used any type of backspacer would you let me know what size if that was all that was required to make it work.

Thanks and take care
Working...
X